At ICS we are committed to providing a supportive and enabling learning environment in which all members of the community are
- challenged to achieve their individual potential,
- encouraged to pursue their passions, and
- expected to fulfil their responsibilities.
In order to provide a supportive & enabling learning environment ICS will:
- offer differentiated programmes that are appropriate to a broad spectrum of learning styles and aptitudes and consistent with a non-selective admissions policy;
- welcome a diverse student population, with programmes to support and enhance that diversity;
- promote the principles of understanding and respect between individuals, communities, cultures and nations, and, in particular, reflect those principles in our relationship with our host community;
- recognise that language proficiency is fundamental to international understanding, and therefore give support to second-language acquisition and to mother-tongue development.
The challenge to achieve individual potential will arise from:
- the expectation that students will strive to use their talents to the fullest;
- the provision of out-of-class programmes of outdoor and expedition education;
- the commitment that ICS staff should continue to be recognised as leaders in the field of international education;
- the development of programmes of online education and extra-curricular classes to extend learning beyond the classroom and beyond the ICS student community.
The pursuit of passion will require the school to:
- support and nurture talent and interest, and accommodate the many forms in which they arise;
- celebrate excellence and commitment;
- encourage the idea that individuals can and should make a difference.
The fulfilment of responsibility will be accomplished through:
- an explicit and active commitment to human rights;
- outreach and community action programmes that involve all of the school’s constituencies: – students, teachers and parents;
- environmentally responsible operational policies and procedures that embody the environmental awareness of the curriculum;
- programmes that ensure the full engagement of ICS students with local and global issues.