ICS welcomes a diverse student population with a broad spectrum of learning styles and aptitudes. Experienced learning support specialists ensure that all students successfully engage with the curriculum.
Our Learning Support Department at ICS works to provide the necessary support needed for students to receive an education that develops their full potential. We do all of the following:
- encourage students with learning challenges to recognise their strengths and talents;
- provide the necessary support for students with learning challenges to access the curriculum;
- ensure that students with learning challenges are fully participating members of the school community;
- establish and maintain strong links between home and school; and,
- encourage the students we work with to be responsible for their own behaviour.
Please see the Learning Support document to find information about the services offered and the resources available to support learning.
For children with more complex needs, ICS has established a partnership with Foundations for Learning. This collaboration offers a highly specialised programme where a child’s academic needs are met by Foundations for Learning whilst the student is still a member of the Inter-Community School. For more information please visit the Foundations for Learning website.