High School Badminton
The ICS High School Badminton Team helped ICS finish off the winter 2014-15 season in winning style. The team brought home the championship title and a clutch of individual medals when they competed at the SGIS (Swiss Group of International Schools) Tournament in Lausanne at the end of March.
The ICS Boys came first and were crowned champions in the overall team competition, while the Girls Team finished in an impressive third place overall.
Additionally, ICS players picked up individual awards. Andreas A (Grade 12) was named the 2015 SGIS Boys Champion. Desiree H (Grade 11, pictured in banner above) won the bronze medal, finishing in third place overall in the Girls category.
This was an excellent ending to a strong season for the High School Badminton Team.
|High School Badminton SGIS HS Badminton Doubles Championships @ TASIS|
|Date:||20 January 2018|
|Location(s):||The American School in Switzerland|
The American School in Switzerland
Collina D'Oro 15
091 986 54 00
Directions by car to TASIS Via Collina d'Oro 6926 Montagnola, Ticino Switzerland
• Take the A2 Autostrada and follow the signs for Lugano. Exit at the Lugano-Sud exit and stay on your left. Turn left at the first set of traffic lights and follow the signs for Ponte Tresa.
• Follow this road for a short distance; at the next set of traffic lights turn left, continuing to follow the signs for Ponte Tresa.
Follow this winding road uphill. At the traffic lights at the top of the hill (just beyond a Tamoil Gas Station on your left), turn left (signs to Ponte Tresa and Montagnola/Agra).
• Immediately take the left hand lane, and turn left at the next traffic lights (signs for Montagnola/Agra).
• Follow this road through the village of Gentilino. You will see the Sant' Abbondio church with a lane of cypress trees on your left, and shortly afterwards a very tight curve to the right. Notice the wall of The American School in Switzerland on your left as you complete the tight curve.
• There are two parking lots at 50 meters from the curve: one on the right, and the school's own parking lot on the left, immediately after the main gate. You may park in either lot.
• Welcome to TASIS!
Google's directions from the school: